Clifton Hill Dermatology has established appropriate measures in response to the Coronavirusfollowing the guidelines provided by the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria and the Australasian College of Dermatologists. This is to ensure our patients have access to quality care whilst reducing the exposure risk to themselves, other patients, and our staff. The situation remains dynamic and is subject to change, therefore Clifton Hill Dermatology will endeavour to update our patients on a regular basis in accordance with Government guidelines.
Below is an update detailing the measures we are taking to reduce the risk of coronavirus
1. Our clinic is currently open, however, we ask you not attend if:
- you have a fever, cough, cold or flu like symptoms, headache, a sudden loss of your sense of smell or taste, or are short of breath.
- you have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days, are in mandatory isolation, or had contact with a known Covid-19 positive patient.
- you are immunosuppressed or have serious underlying medical problems.
Please call to reschedule your appointment. If you have any questions we will be happy to discuss these with you.
2. We ask that you attend your appointment alone if possible. Patients may be contacted by reception staff and asked to wait in their car for a text message prior to entering the clinic.
3. We ask that you sanitise your hands before entering and leaving, before and after touching personal possessions and practice items such as a clipboard, pen, phone, credit card.
4. We ask our patients to adhere to the 1.5 metre distancing rule at all times.
5. Our dermatologists are currently offering telehealth appointments to patients if that is appropriate for the skin condition. Please call our reception/nursing team to discuss your situation.
6. To reduce exposure time, we will endeavour to minimise your time spent in the clinic.
Management and staff of Clifton Hill Dermatology undertake the following hygiene and social distancing measures to reduce the spread of infection:
1. We wash or sanitise our hands before and after every patient as per usual practice.
2. We supply hand sanitiser for staff and patient use in all clinical and non-clinical areas.
3. We continue to sterilise our equipment as per usual practice.
4. We wipe down all equipment, practice items and furniture with alcohol wipes and hospital grade disinfectant as per usual practice. We have increased cleaning protocols for all clinical and non-clinical areas.
5. Staff working in clinical areas will wear appropriate PPE.
6. Our reception staff will ask you a few Covid-19 related questions upon your arrival.
7. The reception area floor is taped 1.5m away from the reception desk and plexiglass “sneeze/cough” barriers are in place. We ask that you use a cashless payment method if possible.
8. You may be required to have your temperature taken.
9. Our waiting room and doctors’ offices are appropriately set out to adhere to social distancing rules.
10. We will keep your time in the clinic to a minimum.
11. Our staff know to stay home if unwell.
Management and Staff at Clifton Hill Dermatology thank you for helping us to minimise the spread of the Coronavirus. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call our rooms.
For additional information regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit: